The third edition of the biggest hackathon in Europe will take place 14-15 September inWarsaw. We’re talking about HackYeah! An interdisciplinary event during which participants are bound to find solutions to the tasks set by the organizers.
Should you participate?
Definitely! Last year the event took place in October and gathered over 2,500 participants, facing several dozen tasks with a total prize pool of almost half a million zlotys!
After the last announcement, the prize pool is 445,000 PLN, which means that the organizers managed to beat last year’s result!
If you are interested in participating, but you don’t have a team don’t worry! The organizers have prepared a server on Discord, where you can find a team, consult with mentors or talk to the HackYeah team! Join Discord by clicking this link: https://discord.gg/fa83ryF.
What tasks can you face on HackYeah?
This year, participants will face challenges in the field of Security, Environment and Communication — these are the three main categories of this year’s hackathon, powered by the main partner — BGK — Bank Gospodarstwa Krajowego. The participants’ task will be to create applications, programs or devices that support the improvement of living conditions in these three themes. In each of these categories, participants will receive prizes of PLN 10,000.
In addition, participants can take part in tasks prepared by HackYeah partners. They include:
- CTF (i.e. team tournament, during which teams try to solve as many tasks from the category related to cybersecurity field as they can) prepared by the Polish Army with a prize pool of PLN 30,000 and exceptional material prizes;
- ORLEN Mobile — First Aid module creating an independent module for the ORLEN Mobile application aimed at supporting drivers in providing first aid, e.g. in the event of collisions and road accidents, as another element of PKN ORLEN’s operation in the field of road safety. It is assumed that the application will be available both on a smartphone and on one of PKN ORLEN’s websites. The prize pool of this task is PLN 20,000;
● PKN Orlen — Internal employee communication chatbot — the name speaks for itself, Orlen is looking for a tool that will help employees acquire information in the field of HR, based on extensive databases and allowing employees to interact with the HR department — PLN 20,000 to win.
- GovTech — Water — the organizers invite environmentalists, engineers, programmers, activists, lawyers and all willing citizens full of ideas to take up the challenge of water! Let’s deal with issues related to sustainable development, water engineering, pollution and social responsibility. During HackYeah there will be 3 categories related to water waiting for you, so everyone will find something for themselves! Prize Pool: PLN 80,000
- PKN Orlen — IT Security — in this case, participants have a choice of two tasks: a solution collecting data on server and workstation configuration in the area of industrial automation and comparing collected information with a reference configuration in the form of a report or 2) a tool for support for the process of risk assessment in the area of cybersecurity in industrial automation and production networks generating a detailed report on this subject. In this task you can win PLN 20,000.
- Bosch — Optical Feedback Task — the purpose of the task is to use available tools and libraries for image processing and control of the Bosch drive Rexroth for precise positioning of the shaft using the image from the camera in real time.Winners in this category can count on prizes totaling PLN 20,000.
- Totalizator Sportowy — Enter the world of entertainment — World of lotteries absorbs more and more solutions in the field of new technologies. It is important to achieve synergies between many communication channels and build multidimensional tools broadening the horizons of entertainment. We are looking for solutions that will allow us to confirm the age and identity of players on the basis of internet and biometric data, used in both online sales channels and terrestrial. You can win PLN 25,000.
- ARP — Data Categorizing Software — Can you create a mechanism that collects disordered data — such as tweets, blog entries, logs, pcaps — into categories?
The purpose of such a mechanism based on machine learning is to reject insignificant data so that the others can be looked at more closely. Could such a tool estimate the value of information and sort it in a useful way? In other words, can you learn how to evaluate data content? If you want to face unattended machine learning and win 10,000 PLN, this task is for you!
- Cigarette-butts free world by PMI — Cigarette butts are vast and dispersed by people. But, the people can solve this problem. Gather them all and clean up the world with PMI. Total prize: 50 000 PLN
Details about these tasks and more can be found at https://hackyeah.pl/tasks-prizes/.
What besides hackathon?
Additionally, as part of HackYeah, participants can join a conference with top Polish speakers (details here), jump into a ball pool, dance at an evening disco in the style of the 90s, relax in yoga classes, take part in Treasure Hunt or see a military HMMWV.
HackYeah communication channel
If you are interested in participating but you don’t have a team, don’t you worry! The organizers have prepared a server on Discord, where you can find a team, consult mentors or talk to the HackYeah team! You can join Discord by clicking here: https://discord.gg/fa83ryF.
Tickets and location
The event will be held at the Ptak Expo in Nadarzyn near Warsaw. The organizers provide free trains to Warsaw (details here)and free buses to the venue.
Participation in the event is paid in the amount of PLN 49.00, however the entire attendee ticket income will be transferred to foundations educating children in programming — Szkoła 3.0 and Hearty Foundation!
And now we come back to the click bait from the beginning of the article 😉 — Register here https://hackyeah.pl with the code: XXX to get in absolutely for free!