- Platform targets wealth managers to facilitate private markets access
- Community aspect identifies investment theme needs not product placement
- Digital toolkit overcomes cost, personnel hurdles to asset class exposure
London, 16th September 2022 – Private Markets Alpha (PM Alpha), the recently launched company dedicated to improving access to private markets for the global wealth management industry, has announced it is officially launching its new platform at the IPEM industry conference on 20th September.
The platform links together services and solutions from carefully selected third party providers to create a one-stop-shop for wealth managers, who may have never tackled private markets or may have from time to time but lack the resources and experience to approach it systematically.
Through the platform, wealth managers can access a macro- and theme-driven strategy investment toolkit, with investor friendly features (such as shorter life funds and providing the option of being fully invested on day 1).
Strategies are implemented through a blend of carefully selected managers, to achieve the desired investment outcome, with platform users benefitting from a complete package of supporting resources, including:
- Platform design fundamentally driven by industry regulations
- Ability to attest investors are of a certain level of means and financial sophistication required to access private markets assets
- Meets disclosure requirements in areas such as, but not limited to, client suitability checks, product development governance and KYC requirements throughout the value chain
- Highly scalable in support of wealth manager business growth objectives
- Offers asset managers (or GPs) access to a client segment not accessed previously
- Delivers product development based on demand assessment in the wealth manager community, thus more closely aligning product to client needs.
PM Alpha has designed the platform to leverage insight from the wealth management community to better identify what investment needs exist, and through the community feedback better develop most suitable blends of funds for end investors.
Currently in Beta version built in-house, a full version will be in place by Q1 2023 following further feedback from users.
PM Alpha will deliver investment products (funds) through the platform at a cost range of 25-55 bps, in line with its aim to popularise private markets investment to a wider investment base by enabling better access for wealth managers to the best private markets managers.
Tom Douie, PM Alpha Founder and CEO commented, “Aside from generally improving access to private markets by addressing ALL the typical barriers to entry for a wealth management firm to offer such strategies, we are confident our curated, thematic private markets tool kit delivers the tangible ‘alpha’ benefits of a strong product design and manager selection leading we believe to superior performance outcomes, a structuring benefit (such as shorter life funds) and a cost advantage on the product itself.”
The platform launch is taking place at the IPEM event in Cannes, France, which brings together 5,000 delegates from the global private markets community, including Investors, Advisors and General Partners.
PM Alpha will be hosting platform demonstrations from 20th through 22nd September at its Meeting Pod in the Meeting Pod Area (Level 0 – Croisette).
Tom Douie, Founder and CEO will additionally lead a panel discussion titled Private Markets Democratisation for Wealth Through Retail Access on Tuesday 20th September at 5pm-6pm at the IPEM Showcase Area, Demo Room #2.
Richard Young, Managing Director – Oaktree Capital
Rafael Torres Boulet, Co-Head of European Private Debt – Muzinich Private Credit
Maria Porta, CEO Europe – Saranac Partners
Ayesha Corrine Singh, Head of Regulatory Fund Services – E&Y Legal Services, UK
Alexis Weber, Chief Investment Officer – PM Alpha, UK