London, 09/09/2021: The French Tech pavilion returns to Money 20/20 Europe, the first major in-person fintech event in Europe since the COVID-19 pandemic took hold. The French Tech delegation will be made up of 12 companies, accompanied by Business France, at stand D60, sponsored by Cartes Bancaires (CB), France’s leader in card and mobile payment systems.
A fintech scene on the up
The French Fintech scene is abuzz, and Paris alone is home to over 1,200 fintechs, according to Dealroom data, and nationwide the sector goes from strength to strength. In 2019, French fintechs raised €700m, more than doubling 2018’s total. In 2020 – against all odds amidst the pandemic – this figure rose 18.9% to €828m. 2021 looks more than likely to continue this trend: according to France Fintech in the first 6 months of this year French fintechs raised nearly €1.5bn, a 228% increase compared to the same period in 2020 across 68 deals.
Unsurprisingly, the sector is garnering interest both within France and internationally, and the French Tech pavilion is sure to be a hive of activity at the show.
Meet the French Tech delegation
The 12 companies united under the French flag at Money 20/20 represent diverse fintech subsectors, including mobile payments, digital wallets and carbon accounting, amongst others. This year, the delegation will even include a robot, thanks to PONANT Technologies who will bring eTASQ Motion to the show.
Alongside the delegation, Cartes Bancaires will be present on the French Pavilion through LAB by CB, their in-house service entrusted with imagining the commerce and payment of tomorrow and developing innovative concepts based on new technologies and new uses. Operating on the principle of design thinking and open innovation as well as working alongside partners, LAB by CB aims to improve customer experiences to seamlessly integrate payments into client journeys.
Who will be on the French Tech Pavilion?
- ARIADNEXT develops digital identification solutions. By providing fully automated digital solutions based on Artificial Intelligence, ARIADNEXT offers companies the possibility to instantly build trusting relationships with their consumers. These solutions enable them to meet regulatory and anti-fraud requirements while focusing on the customer experience.
- Greenly simplifies individuals’ and companies’ carbon footprint by enriching financial data with an impact measurement.
- W-HA, a subsidiary of Orange, will present API-money, the payment solution that powers service platforms via the management of electronic money accounts. The all-in-one package helps manage payments and collections between users. API-money allows the integration of payment flows into a platform while ensuring full compliance with new regulations on data protection and payments.
- Antelop develops and markets payment solutions for banks, certified by Visa, Mastercard and CB. Their solutions enable banks to offer a digital-first customer experience, with all the features of the digital card in banking applications, via a single SDK.
- Budget Insight, European leader in Open Finance in Europe and French leader in banking aggregation, is committed to the transformation of and innovation in financial services. Its range of APIs meets the needs of both traditional players and fintechs in terms of financial data aggregation, documentation and payment initiations.
- TradeIn, a collaborative platform for instant credit assessment of companies, with a solution to reduce payment delays thanks to instant evaluation of prospects’ and customers’ payment behaviour through the pooling of information from more than 8 million companies.
- Dejamobile provides secure transactional solutions, enabling a safer use of mobile devices for various purposes: payments, gifts, mobility and loyalty. Their two main solutions are for the payment industry, for both on the issuing and acceptance. ReadyToTap™ Payment for Merchants is a 100% software-based solution for contactless payment acceptance, based on PCI-CPoC and Visa and Mastercard specifications (Tap-on-Phone, Tap-to-Phone). This solution enables any Android device to be turned into an acceptance terminal, simply by downloading an app. On the other hand, ReadyToTap™ Payment for Issuers addresses the growing needs of banks and issuers for digital wallet services (Issuer Wallet, OEM Pay, Token Management). With its expertise in software security and large-scale digital payment services, Dejamobile aims to facilitate the adoption of contactless payments for everyone, everywhere.
- Famoco designs solutions to help companies deploy, manage and protect their terminals in the areas of payment, public transport and identity verification. Based on a private Android OS, Famoco ensures the protection of corporate data.
- YouTransactor is a world leader in mobile payment terminals and services, with more than 3 million POS deployed worldwide. Founded in 2009 by payment industry experts, YouTransactor designs innovative and competitive POS solutions for leading Fintechs and acquirers in Europe and Latin America.
- PONANT Technologies, design office, will present eTASQ Motion at Money20/20, the world’s first intelligent and non-intrusive robot dedicated to the testing of electronic equipment, combining touch, hearing, and sight to functionally test products. This modular robot has been designed to be programmed and used by operators without advanced computer knowledge. Thanks to 4 specific modules dedicated to the world of payments, any product’s functional tests can be automated, from the payment terminal to the certification of a payment software.
- Voxpay is an omnichannel payment solution for voice, SMS, chat and email that is confidential, secure and PCI-DSS level 1 certified. Without breaking the channel, Voxpay enables a CB transaction to be cashed during a telephone conversation without revealing the cardholder’s bank details to the caller. Whether for a call centre, a collection agency, an e-commerce company, a player in the tourism industry, an accounting department or simply a private individual, using Voxpay’s solutions simplifies collection and billing processes.
About Business France
Business France is the French agency responsible for supporting the international development of the French economy. It is responsible for fostering export growth by French businesses as well as promoting and facilitating international investment in France. It promotes the economic image and attractiveness of France, its companies and regions. It runs and develops the V.I.E. international internship program. Business France has 1,500 employees in France and 70 other countries. It works with a network of public and private partners.
For more information, please visit: businessfrance.fr
About Cartes Bancaires
Created in 1984, Cartes Bancaires is the most widely used card and mobile payment scheme in France today.
Independent from banks, CB is a trusted partner to offer support, recommend new functionalities and innovations and assist their implementation.
CB is at the forefront of payment technologies, and in 2017 went a step further in its support for innovation with the creation of LAB by CB, an incubator and accelerator which has the key objective to develop smoother customer experiences and anticipate changes in consumption.
For more information: cartes-bancaires.com
About the French Tech
The French Tech is the term used to describe the French start-up community: entrepreneurs, investors, engineers, designers, incubators, public organisations, etc. committed to the growth of French start-ups and to their international prosperity. The French Tech initiative is an innovative public policy created in 2013. It is not about the government imposing regulations and limits. It’s about the government supporting the start-up community.
For further information: lafrenchtech.com